Monday, April 11, 2011

weekend craft

as usual, i can't sit still during the weekends, and had to make something.
i have this super fun rug I bought at Hobby Lobby a few months ago. Its like a "natural" color with a dark brown paisley and flower design on it. I love it, except i wanted something brighter for the spring/summer months.
so i decided to paint the blank side of my rug.
Originally i wanted to do a Chevron design, but i couldn't get it all symmetrical. too hard...

so i opted for stripes.
I got the small "sample" size of paints and it was perfect. here's some pictures.







there's a few other things i'm currently working on.
I'll let you know when it's presentable. :)

2 comments:

  1. How creative! i love the colors you chose for the stripes also. You are such a great little designer. i am so proud :) I have so many ideas of crafts and projects running through my mind all of the time but I never actually get around to them.. You are so on the ball!! cute Spring/ Summer rug.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've won a stylish blogger award. Go have a peek!

    http://www.giddygreetings.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

    Monica!

    ReplyDelete