Monday, February 28, 2011

Hutch Before & After

So my dear old Uncle Ben was very dear to my heart. He was so much like my Nonno (italian for Grandpa) and one of the most easy going funny people i had the pleasure of knowing.
I helped take care of him the last year of his life, which was such a privilege.
right before he passed in October 2010, he gave me two beautiful record players. They're way cool, but i never knew what to do with them... until recently
i decided to switch up my entry way.
it's been the same since I got my own apartment. Wherever I moved, my entryway was always the same. Tiny coffee table stained dark with a large photo that looks like this

http://www.art.com/asp/View_HighZoomResPop.asp?apn=11682295&imgloc=10-1070-Z000LRM7.jpg&imgwidth=773&imgheight=775

which i LOVE, but got kinda sick of after the past 5 years....
so now, for your viewing pleasure is my new entry way.








the knobs are from anthropologie and i love them. i plan on changing what's on top a bit, but for now it'll do. i love it. so much brighter and thinner - not to take up too much space.
thanks for the present uncle ben. i hope you love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment